- Time: 9/19 Tue 14: 00-17: 00
- Location: Kyeong-yi Line Common Land
- 30min Hong Kong : The activists of Northeast New Territorieswere sentenced to eight to 13 months in jail by the Department of Justice.
- 30min Taiwan : Forced Eviction Cases,include Wang Family in Shih-Ling、Chang Pharmacy in Da-Pu、Hua-Guang community eviction.
- 20min(or longer) Invite Korean and Japanese people share their experience of living problem or force eviction.
- 20min Active : Making Painting&Writing Poster to support HK people in jail.
the NENT Plan in Hong Kong
Wang Family in Shih-Ling
Chang Pharmacy in Da-Pu
The “Da-Pu Event” was a notorious eviction happened in Miao-Li, when the local government wanted to expand the industrial park near by farmland owned by local residents. After the government reached agreement with 98% of the residents, it destroyed a farmland with an excavator, causing the suicide committed by an elder peasant woman, which shocked Taiwan people and led to strict controversy. In 2013, 4 households accused the government of illegal eminent domain, leading to protest in front of the President Hall. During the protest in Taipei, local government tore down the houses without alarm. Few days later, one of the house owner, Chang, killed himself, leading to the largest protest of the year.
brief introduction of Hua-Guang community eviction